Thank you for being part of the League of Minnesota Cities MemberLink. This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation!
To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some rules for participation. Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with them.
- Respect others. Focus on the content of posts and not on the people making them. Please extend the benefit of the doubt to newer guests and members; there’s no such thing as a stupid question.
- MemberLink is not for marketing. The purpose of MemberLink is to share successes, challenges, constructive feedback, questions, and goals. If you’ve found a product or service helpful, please share your experience with the group in a respectful way.
- Please do not post any employment opportunities in the communities. The League of Minnesota Cities provides a no-cost site for members to post job opportunities. For details, see lmc.org/postajob.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, or similarly offensive postings or materials are prohibited. Illegal postings and materials are also strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want everyone to know came from you.
- Respect intellectual property. Post content that you have personally created or have permission to use and have properly attributed to the content creator. Posting materials protected by copyright without permission of the owner is prohibited. Do not post anything you don’t want in the public domain.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate communities. This helps ensure all messages receive the best response by eliminating "noise."
Discussion Group Etiquette
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals, not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link in every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list,” to the group. Instead, visit your MemberLink profile to change your profile settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing your email addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new email address. Simply change your settings.
League Disclaimers, Rights and Responsibilities
This site is provided as a service for the members of The League of Minnesota Cities. The League of Minnesota Cities is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall League of Minnesota Cities be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
The League of Minnesota Cities monitors MemberLink for inappropriate postings, but from time to time we may miss such messages. In the event that any posting in violation of the rules is brought to our attention, we will take all appropriate action.
League staff may on occasion share on MemberLink relevant and timely information, resources, and events offered by the League. On very rare occasions, League staff may share information and educational opportunities offered by organizations other than the League if: 1) the invitation may be directed only to a limited and appropriate MemberLink audience; 2) neither the League nor the staff benefit directly from the offering and; 3) the subject and value of the offering will clearly benefit the given limited MemberLink audience.